[Exim] [Newbie] SMTP routing/re-writing/auth

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Daniel Graham
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] [Newbie] SMTP routing/re-writing/auth
Hi all,

sorry if this is a no-brainer - but I can't seem to suss it out..

I have happily replaced sendmail with exim 3.16. I've no problems with the
system at all - miles easier to use than sendmail!

OK, now I need to switch service providers - and use their SMTP server for
outgoing
mail - unfortunately they refuse me - as my mail is hosted on another server -
and I
also think that they get upset with my LAN - the mail server has a 192.168
private
address - I'm sure you can all work this out from my email headers. I'm sure
that
the ISP I use have good reasons for this (anti-spam basically).

The question is - what can I do to combat this? Do I need anything from my ISP
(e.g.
an authorisation), or can I do this by rewriting my mail headers to a valid
address etc..

sorry if this mail is inappropriate.

Regards.

Danny.