Re: [Exim] MX records & virtual user accounts

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Dave C.
To: Keith Stephens
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] MX records & virtual user accounts
On Sun, 6 Aug 2000, Keith Stephens wrote:

> Hi,
> I've inherited a box running exim 3.14 and have been asked to look into setting up accounts in the format
> user@??? (It is currently working fine for addresses like user@??? )
>
> I have added some aliases into the db files and an ./exim -d2 -bt user@??? reports no problems locally
>
> The problem is that messages are not getting through from external sources.
>

> My question is - is this because of an MX record problem and if so,
> do I have to get MX records set on the DNS for each
> 'usercompany.mydomain.com' for this to work, or

Yes. MX records are how the Internet knows where to deliver mail for a
given domain. Make sure your MX records point at host NAMES not IP
addresses. (Per the RFCs)

> should i just get it set to *.mydomain.com?

It would work, but is a Bad Idea (tm)