[Exim] Exim and /etc/resolv.conf as a symlink to /etc/ppp/re…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
To: exim-users
題目: [Exim] Exim and /etc/resolv.conf as a symlink to /etc/ppp/resolv.conf
Hi. I'm using Exim as an SMTP with a dial-up connection on Linux
2.2.16. I started testing the option 'usepeerdns' of pppd(8) that
writes up to two nameservers on /etc/ppp/resolv.conf. Since I'm not
using any ip-up scripts, I decided to make a symlink to
/etc/resolv.conf.

The problem is that Exim (and maybe other applications and servers, I
don't know) don't seems to like resolv.conf being a symlink, and
when I send a message it fails. The solution was to reverse it,
/etc/ppp/resolv.conf being the symlink.

Is there any reason to ignore /etc/resolv.conf when it's a symlink?
Do other applications fail?

Thanks.