Re: [Exim] Problems with writing to spool

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Andreas Gietl
CC: Jim Knoble, exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Problems with writing to spool
On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, Andreas Gietl wrote:

> well ... they can't delete anything in the spool-dir at all, because the
> spool-files are owned by their owners and chmod 644.
> The problem is that exim want's to create a lock-file in the spool-dir
> which of course fails! Is it possible to have these lockfiles created
> anywhere else?

Ah. I think we are using different language here. What Exim calls the
"spool" is /var/spool/exim, where it keeps messages it is delivering.
You seem to be talking about the directory where mailboxes are stored,
which is sometimes called "the spool" by other people. I do not use that
terminology, because it is confusing - and this thread proves that!

The lock file is always created in the same directory as the mailbox
file. This is all discussed in the FAQ.