Re: [Exim] Problems with writing to spool

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Ian Southam
CC: Andre Grueneberg, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Problems with writing to spool
On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, Ian Southam wrote:

> It turns out that it is *not* a permissions as such but is caused by my input
> and db directories being nfs mounted. An error I get in 3.16 but don't get in
> 3.14 (I never ran 3.15). exim just wouldn't write the input files over nfs.

There is no code in Exim that makes any distinction of this kind. Exim
should be running as the Exim user when it writes a newly-received
message. And there were certainly no changes that relate to this between
3.14 and 3.16.

> All I did was to move these dirs (input and db) to local files (which is a
> pain in the kneck) and leave the mailboxes nfs mounted and all works perfectly
> - no permissions errors .... go figure!

Was the NFS mount with or without root export?

I wouldn't in any case recommend having spools NFS mounted, for
performance reasons, and also because Exim assumes that a non-existence
failure on these files means what it says (whereas if NFS is used it
might mean "NFS is down"). Only for delivery to local files does Exim
take precautions against this.