[Exim] Exim 3.16 with latest Openldap?

Top Pagina
Auteur: michael
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] Exim 3.16 with latest Openldap?
Did anybody try the current OpenLDAP CVS snapshot with Exim 3.16?
Since 2.0.*, the OpenLDAP API has changed in that error handling is done
as with Solaris. Hacking Exim to support that was easy.

Looking at the code, I am not convinced though, that the ldap result is
always freed correctly. I also wonder if it is smart to get the entire
result at once. Why not start the search and process results as they
come in? In that case, the module needs to be rewritten quite some.

Finally, something did not work with URL searching for me any more.
It looked as if the url search tried to use the (in my case empty) host.
I am not entirely sure about that, because it got really late at night by
now, but the host was not NULL, but '\0', so something must have changed.

I hacked the module to consider all that and it appears to work now.
Funnily, I had a query with the scope "sub". It "worked" before
mysteriously in the way I intended it, that is with the scope base.
It doesn't do so any more, now it starts a sub search, so I must have
fixed something indeed.

All in all, there is work to be done. I can post a patch, but I can not
recommend Philip to apply it without someone with access to the latest
OpenLDAP reviewing and testing it. Anybody?

Michael