Re: [Exim] MTA-imposed quota exceeded

Author: sys044
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] MTA-imposed quota exceeded
As exceeding EXIM quotas are the most likely reason that my mailservers
send back a delay warning message, I have extended the warning message
to make it more meaningful to the originator of the original message.

This does not help the user who is over quota and it is at this level
that I think the current EXIM quotas can be unsatisfactory and have
already submitted a extension which I think would help.

I would be interested in how people manage quotas -
    what size is your default - (student mailserver currently ours is 3M)
    do you have an exception file and how do you adminster it;
    what is the threshold (currently 90%);
    how often are there messages where the INBOX is below quota threshold
         but are put in the spool as the message would cause the INBOX to
         go over quota?
    etc etc

John Linn (j.linn@???)