Re: [Exim] MTA-imposed quota exceeded

Autor: David Sheryn
A: michael
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] MTA-imposed quota exceeded
On 4 Aug 2000 michael@??? wrote:

> Date: 4 Aug 2000 10:49:23 -0000
> From: michael@???
> To: exim-users@???
> Subject: [Exim] MTA-imposed quota exceeded
>
> Hello,
>
> the message "MTA-imposed quota exceeded" seems not to tell users a whole lot.
> How about a different message, like:
>
> MTA-imposed disk quota exceeded (mailbox full)
>
> Any better ideas?

Well, I prefer "The recipient's mailbox is full" because the minute you
mention a "quota", the sender expects you, the postmaster, to fix the problem
(because "it's a problem with quotas"), not the recipient, because they don't
perceive it as a mailbox management issue...

DHS

[ Deliberately sidestepping the issue of the recipients mailbox being filled
with with one or two megabyte-sized word attachments containing 3 lines of
text, the remainder of the document being the image somebody's coporate
logo... :-/ ]

-- David Sheryn <D.H.Sheryn@???> Computing Services
-- City University, Northampton Square, London, EC1V 0HB
-- Phone: (+44) 20 7477 8000 Direct 020 7477 8196 Fax: 020 7477 8565