RE: [Exim] Mail Queue... how to dump non-deliverable?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Bernard Stern
Aan: Brian West
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: RE: [Exim] Mail Queue... how to dump non-deliverable?
On Fri, 4 Aug 2000 15:10:18 -0500 "Brian West" wrote:

> I have had ignore_errmsg_errors for some time but still mail gets stuck on
> this box.. What can I try next?

Mmmmhhh... I believe those stuck messages are for non local
delivery, and have not yet timed out due to your retry rules.
If such messages get a time-out or a connection lost from
the remote server, they will be tried again until eventually
they will time out on your MTA according to your retry rules.

You can try something along these lines, it works well for me
(I use this to time out only the configured local parts, but
you may omit this). You also need exim 3.10 or later, as
message_age was added to this release.

news_bounce:
driver = lookuphost
domains = *
local_parts = news : usenet : anonymous
condition = ${if and {{> {$message_age}{43200}}{eq {$sender_address}{}}} {yes}{no}}
transport = trash

Regards,

Bernard Stern, SWITCH

        mail: SWITCH Head Office       a          Tel: +41 1 268 1520
              Limmatquai 138           n          Fax: +41 1 268 1568
              CH-8001 Zurich           d        e-mail: stern@???