Re: [Exim] host_accept_relay

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Dave C.
Para: Andrew
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] host_accept_relay
You can put IP addresses or networks in host_accept_relay - they don't
have to be host names. If you are accepting based on IP address, make
sure the IP addresses are listed BEFORE any items which are host
names.. Once exim hits a hostname, it has to do a reverse lookup, and
if it fails it rejects without going any further.

Personally, I would stick with IP addresses in a POP-before-SMTP
approach anyway. Have your POP daemon always save the numeric IP
addresses of successfuly auths, and use those in host_accept_relay.

This saves tons of DNS lookups too, so everything might go faster..

Alternatively, if your clients are using relatively new POP clients,
you might want to look into setting up AUTH-SMTP...