Re: [Exim] Use of $reply_to address in vacation mechanism

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: John Horne
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Use of $reply_to address in vacation mechanism
On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, John Horne wrote:

> I could be dumb here but under what scenario would more than one address
> appear in the From: header? I have tried it and it works, but I can't think
> why anyone (or software) would do this.

To paraphrase the mountaineering answer: "Because it's possible" ?

Consider:

From: tom@domain1, dick@domain2, harry@domain3
Sender: tom@domain1
Subject: Invite

Please come to our joint party. RSVP to Dick.

RFC822 has this example:

             George's secretary sends out a message which was authored
        jointly by all the members of a committee.  Note that the name
        of the committee cannot be specified, since <group> names  are
        not permitted in the From field.

            From:   Jones@Host,
                    Smith@Other-Host,
                    Doe@Somewhere-Else