Re: [Exim] msglog content.

Autor: John W Baxter
A: Exim List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] msglog content.
At 10:01 -0600 7/21/2000, Sherwood Botsford wrote:
>Is there a way to modify what exim puts in the msglog file?
>In going through the backlog, I would prefer not to wade through
>several dozen lines of "smtp transport deferred: retry time
>not reached for any host." I would prefer to see a single line

[snip, including the reference to the log level part of the manual where
there may be a solution].

Or, if you keep the logs as is, consider

sendmail -Mvl <msgID> | grep -v 'retry time not'

Oddly, I hadn't considered that until just now, having muttered but put up
with the retry time not reached ... lines. When I saw your message, I
quickly knew grep -v would ditch those annoying lines. Sigh!

--John