Re: [Exim] optional .forward and home directory

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Eduardo Fernandez Corrales
Cc: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] optional .forward and home directory
On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Eduardo Fernandez Corrales wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion, but I still don't see how to do it.
>
> The match_directory will fail when the $HOME directory for the user does
> not exit, right?
>
> So, should this option be empty or ...?

I didn't really explain properly. You can use match_directory only if
there is some obvious format difference between the existing and the
non-existing home directories. For example, if all the existing home
directories are /home/something and none of the non-existing directories
take that form, you could say

match_directory = ^/home

If, OTOH, you cannot make this distinction, you can't use
match_directory. A different approach would be use require_files to test
for the directory's existence, instead. However, if it is an NFS-mounted
directory, it will appear to be non-existant if the NFS mount is down
for some reason.