Re: [Exim] Multiple user and domain based re-directs.

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Colin Morey
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Multiple user and domain based re-directs.
On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Colin Morey wrote:

> Requirements:
>
> User@ANY_DOMAIN.com        redirect to    User@ROOT_DOMAIN.com

> Global_list@ANY_DOMAIN.com    redirect to    User1@ROOT_DOMAIN.com
>                        User2@ROOT_DOMAIN.com
> Domain specific redirects:
> List@DOMAIN_1.com        redirect to    User1@ROOT_DOMAIN.com
>                        User2@ROOT_DOMAIN.com

> List@DOMAIN_2.com        redirect to    User3@ROOT_DOMAIN.com
>                        User4@ROOT_DOMAIN.com

> ROOT_DOMAIN.com being the pop3 mail server handled externally.

Looks like this is just a slightly complicated aliasing setup. You need
a single aliasfile director for the ANY_DOMAIN local parts, and another
one for each of the individual domains. (At least, this is one way to do
it; there are often several ways in Exim.)

> Incoming message: User@???, (NB. User can be a list or an alias)
> Some domains are handled exactly the same, for example DOMAIN.NET and
> DOMAIN.CO.UK are to be handled the same as DOMAIN.COM

Use the "domains" option to specify which domains a director handles; it
can be any number.

> We also have cases where DOMAIN_2.COM and DOMAIN_3.COM are aliases of
> DOMAIN_1.COM

Use the same alias file for them - either by symbolically linking it to
have 3 names, or use a scheme that looks up the alias file name for each
domain.

> All user lists files will be of the following format.
>
> Postmaster:User1
> Tech:User1,User2,User3
> MD:User5

Yup, that's a valid alias file.

> If anyone can help with this kind of setup, or can direct me to where to look,
> please get back to me.

The stuff about virtual domains, both in the documentation and in the
sample configs, is probably relevant.