[Exim] Multiple user and domain based re-directs.

Author: Colin Morey
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Multiple user and domain based re-directs.
I need some help with out new exim setup, I've looked through the
mailling list archives, read the FAQ, but I can't find anything that
helps.

Our situation is that we have many domains (over 200), we would ideally
like to set up exim on one machine, to handle all domains in such a way
that it is easily maintainable.

Requirements:

User@ANY_DOMAIN.com        redirect to    User@ROOT_DOMAIN.com

Global_list@ANY_DOMAIN.com    redirect to    User1@ROOT_DOMAIN.com
                        User2@ROOT_DOMAIN.com
Domain specific redirects:
List@DOMAIN_1.com        redirect to    User1@ROOT_DOMAIN.com
                        User2@ROOT_DOMAIN.com

List@DOMAIN_2.com        redirect to    User3@ROOT_DOMAIN.com
                        User4@ROOT_DOMAIN.com

ROOT_DOMAIN.com being the pop3 mail server handled externally.

In Pseudo Code we image it work as follows:

Incoming message: User@???, (NB. User can be a list or an alias)
Some domains are handled exactly the same, for example DOMAIN.NET and
DOMAIN.CO.UK are to be handled the same as DOMAIN.COM

We also have cases where DOMAIN_2.COM and DOMAIN_3.COM are aliases of
DOMAIN_1.COM

<----START OF PSEUDO CODE---->

If (User = member_of_domain_specific_lists ) {
    #For example feedback@???

    List_of_addresses = contents of  "/DOMAIN/User.txt"

} else if ( User = member_of_global_lists ) {
    # for example Postmaster@???

    List_of_addresses = contents of  "/GLOBAL/user..txt"
    # see appendix2

} else {

    List_of_addresses = User@ROOT_DOMAIN.com

}

<----END OF PSEUDO CODE---->

All user lists files will be of the following format.

Postmaster:User1
Tech:User1,User2,User3
MD:User5

If anyone can help with this kind of setup, or can direct me to where to look,
please get back to me.

Colin Morey,
Technical Operations Assistant,
Emap Online Ltd.
Tel: 020 7309 2736
Fax: 020 7309 2718
e-mail: Colin.Morey@???

Priory Court, 30-32 Farringdon Lane, London EC1R 3AW
http://www.emaponline.com