Re: [Exim] Mass mailing..

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Dave C.
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Mass mailing..
On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Dave C. wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way of dropping this into
> exim's queue. Should I drop them in batches, adding a delay between
> each, to avoid the 'queue_only_load', or will I do just as well to just
> drop them all in as one, and let exim queue them up and run them out
> after? Anyone have any other ideas?

7000 is a big queue, less so if you have split_spool_directory set. You
could try something like:

Submit 100 with -odq; start a queue runner; wait a bit; repeat

The length of "a bit" probably depends on how quickly the messages can
be delivered. If it's fast, one minute might be fine. You could make it
dynamic: wait till queue size has gone down by, say, 90.