[Exim] New to exim transport_filter questions

Top Pagina
Auteur: Scott W. Amory
Aan: exim user mail
Onderwerp: [Exim] New to exim transport_filter questions
Hello all,
    I'm kinda new to exim and im trying to learn the ropes.  I am
attempting to direct all mail to a perl program which will do some stuff
to the message and then send it on through.  I have gathered from other
posts that transports are the way to go with this.  taking the advice of
an earlier post i added this line to my conf file:

remote_smtp:
    driver = smtp
    transport_filter = /somedir/somefile   <==added line

right now all somefile is doing is spitting the message back out and
adding one line on to the end.  I want all mail to go through this
transport filter.  The problem is that when I send a messege (remote or
local) the line does not get appended on.  I am assuming an error on my
part, perhaps that i added this line in the wrong place.  I have
attempted to find out what to do by reading the specs but either I cant
find what i need in it or it isn't there.  I could really use some
examples of setting up transports or a pointer to the place in the specs
or another page that could be a better reference to me.  thanks alot in
advance.
--
           .`:;ij;f,;,
        .`;sk568G6itz,-",
      .\a\x6P^98^"^986r/,-'     Scott W. Amory
    -._sV89"   "    `88k,-_"    "God, root, what is difference"
   `.-\Q8f           188/,-',           -Pitr (www.userfriendly.org)
   .-_J88|    o o    |88KJ-_.
   ,-;388l           j888[=-
   _".>88Y6._ ,J.__.4988E:._"