Re: [Exim] Parent addresses

Top Pagina
Auteur: Chris Keane
Aan: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Parent addresses

PH> Wait. A better idea: assuming that that director is the first, stick

PH> new_director = the_name_of_the_next_director

PH> on your director, AND on your aliasing and forwarding directors. Then
PH> everything they generate will bypass your special director. Phew. I
PH> thought there should be a relatively easy way to do it.

Okey-doke, great. Thanks, Philip. That was the solution I'd come up
with too - I was just hoping there was a slightly nicer way of doing it
(it seems logically nicer to have the "don't run this" condition on the
checkerr director, rather than on [more than one] other directors). Never
mind.

+> Ideally I'd like a condition on checkerr which says "if any of the
+> parent addresses are equal to postmaster, don't run this director".)

PH> An easier option to contemplate is "If this director has been used
PH> before in generating the current address, skip it."

Yeah, that would be nice. Or even a variant of the check_ancestor option
from aliasfile and forwardfile directors, which might, say, skip the
director if any of the addresses in new_address are in the ancestor list.
That might be tricky to do, though, too.

Thanks again,
Chris.