[Exim] optional .forward files and home dir

Top Pagina
Auteur: Eduardo Fernandez Corrales
Aan: Exim Users
Onderwerp: [Exim] optional .forward files and home dir
Hello,

I am trying to get the .forward exim filter redirector to work, to use the
vacation program. I got this to work ok.

The problem is: some users don't even have $HOME directories, so, the
userforward redirector hangs trying to look for it:

2000-07-31 10:41:57 13JB92-0002gr-00 == whoever@???
<whoever@???> D=userforward defer (-1): userforward director
failed to stat /export/home/whoever (No such file or directory)

Note that although /export/home/whoever does not exist, it is defined in
the /etc/passwd file.

How can I tell the userforward redirector to make both the .forward and
the $HOME dir optional files?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.
--