Re: [Exim] IPs in MX records and how to deliver to them

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Exim Users Mailing List
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] IPs in MX records and how to deliver to them
[ On Saturday, July 29, 2000 at 22:07:44 (-0400), Dave C. wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [Exim] IPs in MX records and how to deliver to them
>
> You could always just allow their mail to bounce, and if your users
> want to know why they can't mail to that domain - tell them them why
> ("because the sysadmin at that site has their system misconfigured"),
> and give them the email address/phone number of the faulty sysadmin.
> You might want to make sure you first send an email to the admin giving
> them the specific details of what is misconfigured, with appropriate
> RFC reference, since your users wont necesarrily be able to provide
> that information.

This is indeed the best approach.

Be warned though that you'll eventually get a smarter-than-average user
who'll ask why she can send e-mail to that site from hotmail, etc.

Other than saying "So? We aren't hotmail!", the best real answer you can
give is that hotmail's mailer is broken in a different kind of way and
though they might be able to send to this particular site, they can't
send to some other sites. I.e. nobody's perfect.

--
                            Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods@???>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <woods@???>; Secrets of the Weird <woods@???>