RE: [Exim] Delivery Question

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bernard Stern
A: Fernando Costa de Almeida
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Delivery Question
On Thu, 27 Jul 2000 12:27:41 -0300 Fernando Costa de Almeida wrote:

> <HTML>

mmhhh... html mail...

Im studing exim because I will have to implement a mailing list
system. Reading the online documentation about exim, it says (please correct
me if I was wrong) that exim can queue messages to the same domain
and send then in a single smtp connection. This feature, plus some
paralelism in the proccess, seens perfect to me. But I CANT do it,
Ive tried a lot of options, changed a lot of variables in global.c, recompiled
exim a lot of times, and in every subsequent tests, it opens a connectino
per mesg...

What I done is the following:

    1) run exim;
    2) run this simple script
          while (true); do; echo "a" | mail -s "TEST" <recipient_in_another_domain>
    3) verify the sockets open with
          netstat -na | grep "\.25 " | grep -v "LISTEN" | wc -l

    And every time it is a connection per message....
     I would like to know how to make all messages be sent in a single connection (if
   possible) and if someone has already developed a mailing list system using exim (perhaps
   using majordomo)
<<<<<<<<<<<

I'm in the process of migrating an exim-majordomo config to an exim-
mailman config. This is fairly straightforwards thanks to the howto-
using exim and mailman together by Nigel Metherringham:

http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman.html

Mailman information is found at:

http://www.list.org/

You may find some info in the mailing list FAQ, however I
have not looked at it lately:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/mail/list-admin/software-faq/

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Bernard Stern, SWITCH

        mail: SWITCH Head Office       a          Tel: +41 1 268 1520
              Limmatquai 138           n          Fax: +41 1 268 1568
              CH-8001 Zurich           d        e-mail: stern@???