Re: [Exim] Making specific directories mail delivery

Author: Yann Golanski
To: hector babou
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Making specific directories mail delivery
On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 01:30:00PM +0000, hector babou wrote:
> I want to set up a large mail delivery system.
> To obtain better performance, i'd like to set
> up something like :
> mail for user ABC would be in [blablabla]/A/B/C
> mail for user AAA would be in [blablabla]/A/A/A
>
> see what i want to do ?

Don't! unless you actully are setting up the usernames...

> How can i do that ? Someone ever done that ?

Have a look at nhash. It does something very similar and works well with
up to 3 million users. Basicly, it splits usernames into a div/mod
hash directory structure. In your example you'll get something like:

fred -> /mail/0/34/fred
foo -> /mail/2/104/foo

where your dir struct is (say) /mail/[0-9]/[0-200]/username/

--
        Please use PGP when replying to this message
Dr Yann Golanski                            Internet Systems Developer