Re: [Exim] exim as a replacement for sendmail

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: robert rotman
To: Volker Tobias Mueller
CC: robert rotman, exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] exim as a replacement for sendmail
On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Volker Tobias Mueller wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, robert rotman wrote:
> > Why does the default-configure-file not contain the same funktionality as
> > most of the sendmail-configuration which comes with the various
> > distributions (eg. Linux distributions):
> > virtusertable, generictable, access, the procmail pipe...
>
> Simply because a couple of guys at SuSe, Redhat, and all the countless
> others spend a lot of time on providing the functionalilty you mention.

ok, i understand...

> > I've tried to make my own configure-file and posting it later but
> > I'm not that experianced that i got all features to work:(
>
> The faq will be your friend.

i've now 3 servers running exim, 2 of them i build from scratch which
was quite easy und very plesent to configure for my needs.
because of this i'd like to port all my mailserver to exim and started
with one outgoing mailserver.
all went very nice:)

now i wanted to port some small server which i've configured with sendmail
and virtual host-setup to exim,
that took me more time as configuring a "complex" exim configuratin with
database support :(

> > my question: has anyone a configuartion file with these features?
> >              can it be shipped with upcoming versions of exim?

> There are a couple of configs at the ftp site. And again: read the faq.
> Who replaces sendmail with exim (or anything else) can be expected to
> "cope" with exim's config easily.

i'v read the faq's!
i wont criticise anybody - at least not the maitainer of this wonderful
mailer.

the only thought was - that i can't beleve that no such configuration-file
exists (the virtual setup example in the FAQ are outdated and do not
contain this features).

i'll post it when i'm finishd...

robert

PS: apologize my bad english