Re: [Exim] exim as a replacement for sendmail

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] exim as a replacement for sendmail
robert rotman <rotman@???> probably said:
> Why does the default-configure-file not contain the same funktionality as
> most of the sendmail-configuration which comes with the various
> distributions (eg. Linux distributions):
> virtusertable, generictable, access, the procmail pipe...

Because the default sendmail config is awkward, inextensable and sucks ?

> I've tried to make my own configure-file and posting it later but
> I'm not that experianced that i got all features to work:(
> my question: has anyone a configuartion file with these features?
>              can it be shipped with upcoming versions of exim?

Not to my knowledge. I can't really think why anyone would want to.
If you're moving to a different MTA you take advantage of the features
in that MTA rather than try to copy the misfeatures of another.

I do similar things to the sendmail stuff, but in much nicer ways.

P.

--
pir                  pir@???                    pir@???