[Exim] Re: Aliases not recognised

Top Pagina
Auteur: Ben Smithurst
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] Re: Aliases not recognised
Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> So, while mailwrapper is probably useless once you set it up, it
> does no harm (modulo bugs, but I don't believe there will be too
> many critical bugs in that application).

There is one, which djb pointed out on a webpage somewhere I think:

        if ((config = fopen(_PATH_MAILERCONF, "r")) == NULL) {
                execve(_PATH_DEFAULTMTA, al.argv, envp);
        }

If it runs out of file descriptors (or fopen() fails for another
reason, ENOMEM perhaps) it just runs sendmail. ugh... I think
it should just exit(EX_TEMPFAIL) in that case, or at the very
least allow this to be easily configurable (DEFAULTMTA=foo in
/etc/make.conf perhaps). The only way to "fix" this really is to
replace /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail with a link to exim.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@??? / PGP: 0x99392F7D