著者: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Aliases not recognised
Quoth Gyan Mathur on Wed, Jul 26, 2000:
> > No. Editing /etc/mail/mailer.conf and replacing every instance
> > of sendmail with exim is the way to go, and is enough.
>
> I'm sure what I do is unnecessary extra work, it just gives me great
> pleasure to disinfect _all_ traces of sendmail off my machine.

Mailwrapper is for changing MTAs. For security reasons (too many
setuid binaries), I would also advise you to "chmod 000
/usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail" or just delete it -- it would be
enough to eliminate all traces of it.

> I also
> never know exactly what people might put in their scripts -- a direct
> call to mailwrapper would be silly but I am sure someone, somehwere,
> has done it.

There's but one problem: mailwrapper looks at argv[0] to decide
what program to run. If you run it directly, it sez:

thingie:~> mailwrapper
mailwrapper: mailwrapper: no mapping in /etc/mail/mailer.conf
Exit 1

So, while mailwrapper is probably useless once you set it up, it
does no harm (modulo bugs, but I don't believe there will be too
many critical bugs in that application).

Vadik.

--
Sauron is alive in Argentina!