Re: [Exim] Mail Trickling.

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Owen Cliffe
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Mail Trickling.
On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Owen Cliffe wrote:

> I have the following (legitimate) need:
> To send large quantities of duplicated mails to individual addresses in
> a given domain from time to time. (i.e. >50,000 users)
>
> I was wondering what the best strategy was to implement this via a local
> exim MTA.
>
> or is this best done by trickling mail from the dispatching script to
> the local smtp server?

Depends entirely on circumstances. If you fed 50 copies of the message,
each with 1,000 recipients, to Exim at once, it would start 50 delivery
processes. But you could feed them with the -odq option, causing them to
be queued; Exim's queue runner would then deliver them one at a time
(though a second queue runner might start before the first finished).

I wouldn't try feeding 50,000 copies at once - that would hit the disc
rather hard.

If you use multiple recipients, remember to put them only in the
envelope, not in the To: header. There's nothing more annoying that
receiving a message with hundreds of addresss in the To: header.