著者: Thorkild Stray
To: exim-users
題目: [Exim] lookups, restraining lookup.
I am having a little problem with my relay controlling. I have implemented
pop-before-relaying (a custom solution using qmail-pop3d and a special
checkpassword amongst other things).

My problem is when the IP does not reversemap.

I have read the faq and notices that Q0029 was my exact problem.

Normally, I just look it up and check a cdb for the host name. When exim
fails to find the hostname from the IP, it bails out and tells me it won't
relay. Is there any way I can control the key for a single-lookup like
cdb? I want to control it, so that I may use the $sender_host_address (if
that is available at this time? ) instead of the resolved host.

I can fix the problem by stuffing all the IPs in a file and using
something like this:

host_accept_relay = /local/relay.ips : cdb;/local/relay.hosts

but I would like to have everything in one cdb. If I end up looking it up
twice in cdb, I can live with that.

Using allowed_unknown is not an option, since that would open me up for
relaying from all non-resolvable IPs.

Any other ideas of how to do this?

--
Thorkild Stray, LinPro AS                              <thorkild@???>