Re: [Exim] Defining one's own string variables

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Åsmund Skjæveland
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Defining one's own string variables
On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Åsmund Skjæveland wrote:

> > There is no facility for defining string variables, but there is a
> > facility for macros in the configuration file. Or are you talking about
> > filter files here?
>
> Filter files, yes. I should have said.

The whole idea of the filter language was that it should be *simple*. I
guess I should have known this was a silly idea, because it has already
grown more complex than I envisaged.

I note the suggestion, but I don't want to extend the filter language at
this time, not before any general changes to filtering facilities have
been thought through (see previous threads).