Re: [Exim] Doing it the larger way...some thoughts

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Kalum Somaratna aka Grendel
A: Vadim Vygonets
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Doing it the larger way...some thoughts
On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Vadim Vygonets spoke the following immortal words,

> Quoth Kalum Somaratna aka Grendel on Tue, Jul 25, 2000:
> > On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Vadim Vygonets spoke the following immortal words,
> > > Quoth michael@??? on Mon, Jul 24, 2000:
> > >
> > > Very true. RAM and disk space are the critical resources. 256MB
> > > should be enough for anyone[tm], or at least for those who have
> > > only one thousand of users.
> >
> > Yes, but as I commented earlier, the price difference between Athlon boxes
> > and Wintel boxes is the key thing and is so great that you do a lot with
> > the money you save, like buying extra memory, etc.....
>
> Nor is the machine money bound.

Sorry but I can't understand the above statement. How can a machine not be
money bound??? It's illogical isn't it..??

Generally (but not allways) the more expensive machines should give a
better performance. ie there is a vast performance difference between a
486 (which you can buy with your pocket money) and a 686(much much more
expensive).

Grendel

Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)