Re: [Exim] Doing it the larger way...some thoughts

Top Pagina
Auteur: Kalum Somaratna aka Grendel
Aan: Vadim Vygonets
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Doing it the larger way...some thoughts
On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Vadim Vygonets spoke the following immortal words,

> Quoth michael@??? on Mon, Jul 24, 2000:
> >
> > > You might as well consider buying a AMD athlon based Setup. The Athlon
> > > simply thrashes any equivalent Wintel CPU...
> >
> > The machine is rarely CPU bound.
>
> Very true. RAM and disk space are the critical resources. 256MB
> should be enough for anyone[tm], or at least for those who have
> only one thousand of users.

Yes, but as I commented earlier, the price difference between Athlon boxes
and Wintel boxes is the key thing and is so great that you do a lot with
the money you save, like buying extra memory, etc.....

Grendel

Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)