Re: [Exim] how to make an aliases?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] how to make an aliases?
Quoth robert rotman on Sat, Jul 22, 2000:
> On Sat, 22 Jul 2000, Vadim Vygonets wrote:
> > I'm not an experienced mail fetcher, but still... What do you
> > use fetchmail for? If you fetch mail for one user, you don't
> > need any special headers.
>
> i dont use fetchmail ither but some users do.
> they fetch mail of one popbox where other email-aliases piont to this
> pop-box.
> then they devide the mails to different users on their local-machine based
> on the "To:-header"...

Maybe using Batch SMTP, or UUCP, or some other scheme which is
designed to preserve the envelope would be better than using
aliases and POP?

> well, what i'd like to konw is,if there is any RFC (i've read some of
> them but maby i lost somthing) which describes how an alias should be
> made (adding witch type of header), so that i can decide if thers somthing
> wrong with the "fetchmail" program or with my configuration.

Well, aliasing and forwarding is simple redirection. No headers
are added.

From various mail RFCs we can understand that there is no
connection between headers in the e-mail message and envelope
(sender or recipient). Which means that by just looking at the
headers you have no way to know whom the message was addressed
to. Many MTAs add the Envelope-To: header, but I don't think
there is any other way to get the envelope recipient.

> headers_add = "Resent-From: ${local_part}@${domain}\n

> but only if the message passes an aliasfile director!

Probably not a good idea anyway. Resent- headers are not for
this.

> what is wrong?

What if there already are several groups of Resent- headers in
the message? And your aliasfile director redirects the message
several times? Which group of Resent- headers is the correct
one?

Vadik.

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of troff, for it is subtle and quick
to anger.