Re: [Exim] how to make an aliases?

Autor: robert rotman
A: Vadim Vygonets
CC: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] how to make an aliases?
On Sat, 22 Jul 2000, Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> Quoth Philip Hazel on Sat, Jul 22, 2000:
> > On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, robert rotman wrote:
> > > which is the best header to add?
> >
> > No idea. I don't use fetchmail. Maybe a fetchmail user on this list will
> > respond.
>
> I'm not an experienced mail fetcher, but still... What do you
> use fetchmail for? If you fetch mail for one user, you don't
> need any special headers.

i dont use fetchmail ither but some users do.
they fetch mail of one popbox where other email-aliases piont to this
pop-box.
then they devide the mails to different users on their local-machine based
on the "To:-header"...

well, what i'd like to konw is,if there is any RFC (i've read some of
them but maby i lost somthing) which describes how an alias should be
made (adding witch type of header), so that i can decide if thers somthing
wrong with the "fetchmail" program or with my configuration.

---------

For Philip - same topic:

i've experianced with thoes headers but i could not figure out how it
work's :(

I'd like to insert somthing like:

headers_add = "Resent-From: ${local_part}@${domain}\n

but only if the message passes an aliasfile director!

If i put this line in the aliasfile director, the Resent-From AND the
Resent-To is the same adress (the envelop-to).

If i put it in the transport the Resent-headers are ok, but there are
inserted even if no aliasig was made (this is not what i want).

what is wrong?

thank you very much for your help,

robert