Re: [Exim] Doing it the larger way...some thoughts

Top Pagina
Auteur: Kalum Somaratna aka Grendel
Aan: michael
CC: exim-users, sp
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Doing it the larger way...some thoughts
On 22 Jul 2000, The awesome and feared michael@??? commented thusly,

> > Imagine there is a location with only one machine (Linux, PIII 650 with
> > 256 MB Ram) handling some thousand users mailboxes with POP3. It is
> > used for POP3 and SMTP.
>
> A PII 450 with 512 MB RAM and a RAID can easily handle about 200.000
> mailboxes,

<snip>

You might as well consider buying a AMD athlon based Setup. The Athlon
simply thrashes any equivalent Wintel CPU...

And for far less bucks you get much better performance than the equivalent
(and more ekspensive) pentium based setups, which is a positive gain in
anyones equation.

FWIW I have a Athlon 500 with the Asus K7 motherboard, which has withstood
everything from static to lightning.., The K7M motherbaord is excellent
and I would recommend it.

Grendel

Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)