著者: Chris Bayliss
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: gcarn, exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Bounced Messages
> gcarn@??? said:
> > When exim bounces a message it sets the return path to <>. However,
> > when the message is returned to a mercury server, the mercury server
> > generates a delivey failure due to an invalid or illegal from
> > address.
>
> > Can the <> be changed to a valid email address?
>
> The Mercury server is ignoring the SMTP RFCs and should not be attached
> to a network that handles mail. This is a bug - in the Mercury
> software - pure and simple and should be fixed by the people providing
> it.

We certainly don't see this problem at our site which runs Mercury,
which handles these return paths. Are you running a particularly old
or new version? Is it a Netware or Windows platform? Can the problem
be solved by changing the version? (better not reply to the list as
its a bit off topic).

However why Nigel is so kind to Mercury is a mystery. A large skip is
the real solution. Have you no transition plans to something better?
Mercury seems to be neither public domain nor private and seems to
have the advantages of neither and the problems of both.

Chris Bayliss

The facts in this message speak for themselves. The views and opinions
are personal and don't necessarily reflect the views of the University
of Birmingham; they may well be the antithesis of the views of our
Novell support staff.