RE: [Exim] lookuphost, MX and A records discrepancy ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bernard Stern
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] lookuphost, MX and A records discrepancy ?
On Thu, 20 Jul 2000 15:28:25 +0100 (BST) Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Bernard Stern wrote:

>> I had this already earlier this year when first doing some
>> tests with the news_bounce router; of course there are some
>> entries in the paniclog reflecting this. Then I did no
>> longer trigger such stuck messages by hand, so there are
>> no such logs since that time.

> Then I am completely mystified. "message_age" is an entry in a table of
> expansion variables that is the same all the time. If one instance of
> Exim can find it, I can't see how another one can fail!

> Can you run a -d9 delivery on one of these messages that is going to
> produce that error?

Yes, I did that... and horror struck, I eventualy found the
problem. After correction everything works as expected :-)
A long time ago, I slightly patched a version of the eximon
script and left that in the exim home directory. This modified
script explicitely referred to an old version of exim (3.01,
that is). You guess the rest... :-(((((
Despite happily running 3.15, when operating through the
eximon console, what was actually being run by eximon commands
was exim 3.01!
Morale: get rid of old stuff, or move them somewhere else...
and don't leave old patched stuff dangling around...

Thanks for your time, Philip.

Regards,

Bernard Stern, SWITCH

        mail: SWITCH Head Office       a          Tel: +41 1 268 1520
              Limmatquai 138           n          Fax: +41 1 268 1568
              CH-8001 Zurich           d        e-mail: stern@???