RE: [Exim] lookuphost, MX and A records discrepancy ?

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Bernard Stern
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] lookuphost, MX and A records discrepancy ?
On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Bernard Stern wrote:

> >> news_bounce:
> >> driver = lookuphost
> >> domains = *
> >> local_parts = news
> >> condition = ${if and {{> {$message_age}{43200}}{eq {$sender_address}{""}}} {yes}{no}}
> >> # 43200 s = 12 h
> >> transport = trash

> Yes, I think I'm getting the point. I have looked at some more logs
> and the error is either "connection refused" or "connection timed
> out". So Exim doesn't get any SMTP return code and is bound to
> try again.

But that should then eventually hit that router and be routed
differently. I was previously guessing that the actual routing was
unable to complete. Can you try a -d9 delivery on a message that is in
this state, and older than 43200?

Wait! You have a bug in your condition that I didn't spot before. You
shouldn't test $sender_address for {""} but instead you should test it
for {} because the {} are the delimiters, not "". The condition you have
will never work.