Re: [Exim] New Email Virus...

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Nigel Metheringham
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] New Email Virus...
Jim Tittsler pointed out that (from the BugTraq announcement)
>Whilst some mail transport systems seem to modify 8-bit header data or

lines
>over 70 characters in length preventing direct exploitation, these
>restrictions seem to be avoided by encoding a message with an exploit

date
>field as a MIME attachment in a Outlook's MIME attached message format.
>These messages also overflow the stack when read, previewed, replied

to or
>forwarded.

I can't deal with that in an exim filter.
I need to put some time in on my proposed scan on receipt framework...
but that will need a perl enabled exim.

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]