Re: [Exim] Possible host list bug

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: John Holman
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Possible host list bug
Phillip

I think I've spotted our problem .. there was a typo in one of the IP
addresses in a fairly long list (had ] at the end). My apologies for the
false alarm.

> > Also, at least in test mode (exim -bh) it looks as if the DNS lookup is
> > being performed twice, once initially (in response to host_lookups) and

then
> > again when the host list is evaluated. This doesn't seem very efficient!
>
> This will happen with that kind of setting. It needs a host name, so it
> tries to look one up.

But does it have to do it again, given that it already tried with the same
IP number earlier and failed?

Anyway, thank your very much for your help.

John.