[Exim] Permission denied - on spool dir...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Max Clements
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Permission denied - on spool dir...
I upgraded my system to Exim 3.15 yesterday by simply installing the new
executable in the place of 3.13 killing the old daemon and restarting the
new.

Exim runs under the uid/gid of exim,mail resp, and consequently the
permissions on the spool dir are 750/640 for dirs/files resp, with ownership
being exim,mail. Since the new daemon has come up - when I run the mailq
command as a user in the mail group I get the following error...

[12] max@lisa:~$ mailq
.
.
.

      13EoEZ-00005V-00
    *** spool read error: Permission denied ***

etc for every entry in the queue?

I have not changed anything else, same config, and same makefile for the
compile as I used for 3.13...

Any guesses - I suspect this is something stupid that I am doing wrong...

Oh yes - running the mailq command as root - has the desired effect...

Regards

Max

--
Max Clements IS Co-ordinator Hortec (Pty) Ltd
e-mail: max@???