[Exim] Re: Exim logging getting fooled by some Windows firew…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: John Henders
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Re: Exim logging getting fooled by some Windows firewall.
In <20000718025139.C28700@???> vadik@??? (Vadim Vygonets) writes:

>Quoth John Henders on Mon, Jul 17, 2000:
>> In the course of looking through my log files I discovered some log
>> lines which are falsely recording an IP address of 127.0.0.1. The lines
>> in question look like this.

>Uh. Tricky. Version of Exim, your OS + version, name and
>version of the Windows firewall, and maybe even a small map of
>your network would help. Do you use NAT?

Bah. I figured it out. My mistake. The previous admin sslwrapper set up
on the smpts port. It get's used so infrequently I'd forgotten it
existed. This is probably where the localhost connections are coming
from. After I finish banging my head on the desk I'm going to start
documenting the system services a bit better so I remember these lurking
gotchas. Thanks for the people who nudged my sluggish memory.

--
  Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.