Re: [Exim] Exim logging getting fooled by some Windows fir…

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: John Henders
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim logging getting fooled by some Windows firewall.
jhenders@??? said:
> In both cases the actual username has been changed by me. Everything
> else in the line is as it appears in the logs. As some of the other
> messages had some information that showed the users were on cable
> modems and using Outlook or Outlook express I'm suspecting that this
> is coming from a masquerading program for Windows that allows multiple
> machines to share an IP address, but my understanding from the docs is
> that the IP address logged in square brackets came from a lookup on
> the incoming connection.

Basically exim will be using the getpeername() call to get a sockaddr
and then printing up the ip address... its hard to see how exim could
be getting this so wrong...

Have you got something else on the box, such as a pop daemon which also
implements the now pretty much unused post commands that were proposed
for pop, or a stunnel like program accepting SMTP over SSL and not
setting the peer address right?

Or is there IPv6 involved and something not supporting it?

What OS? Prebuilt exim or self built (could have mismatched libraries)
etc.

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]