Re: [Exim] more verbosity in the exim logs

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Nancy Pettigrew
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] more verbosity in the exim logs
On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Nancy Pettigrew wrote:

> i would like to run exim with the -bd option, but also include the -v or -d1
> options for more verbose output.
> however, using these options from the command line causes the program to run
> in the foreground, rather than daemonize and print the more verbose output
> to the exim logs.
>
> is there a way around this?

-d output is written to the standard error stream. The only way you
could set this up would be to write a new program that daemonized
itself, then set up a standard error stream to some file (I suppose it
would work for the Exim log) and then call Exim with -bd and -v.

The problem is that the debugging output would be all mixed up. Even if
you use a separate file, two simultaneously arriving messages would
interleave the output and I suspect it would be very hard to make any
sense of it.