Re: [Exim] Exim setup done and it works ok, but...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Pete Naylor
A: Kalum Somaratna aka Grendel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim setup done and it works ok, but...
Kalum Somaratna aka Grendel wrote...

> > There's this thing called a bell-curve. Proportionally, there's not
> > many _really_ clueless ones, but the bigger the population sample, the
> > more people you have below a certain clueless threshold. Yes, that sort
> > of phrase makes it clear, but people _would_ still respond. Yes, those
> > people would have to be unbelievably daft.
>
> Sure understood.
> Yes, but you owe it to deal with your users especially those people that
> get it wrong...
>
> Fr ex: My solution for the above would be to, for every person that posts
> to MAILER_DAEMON, automatically send him a prewritten explicit letter
> explaining that this is not the address of a human and that mail sent to
> this address is not and never will be read, and a few lines about the
> futility of sending mail to the addy.

Mail sent out whether by the MTA or by a human should be repliable -
mailer-daemon@domain should often be synonymous with Postmaster@domain,
and should be monitored by a helpful human. If you don't do this, you're
not serving your users effectively and you're likely to bring the wrath of
other postmasters upon yourself. The strategy here should be to make the
automatic error messages very clear in explaining the problem which was
encountered. If a user still doesn't understand, it's reasonable for them
to expect assistance when they reply.

--
Pete Naylor