Re: [Exim] Exim setup done and it works ok, but...

Autor: Ian Southam
A: michael
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim setup done and it works ok, but...
On Sat, Jul 15, 2000 at 02:58:17PM -0000 michael@??? wrote :

> I see quite a few responses to mailer-daemon as it is ..

It's the "Thank you Mailer-daemon, keep trying please" ones which crack me up
every time ;-). Interestingly, it is not stupid people that write these
messages, one user we have who frequently does it has the letters MD after his
name ...

I do not favour "friendly" messages because it encourages this but, I have
many times thought of trying to make the messages themselves less technical -
many times, the users simply do not understand what the hell "host not found"
means (or whatever).

--
Ian