Re: [Exim] Exim setup done and it works ok, but...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Michael Stevens
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim setup done and it works ok, but...
On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 06:40:18PM +0600, Kalum Somaratna aka Grendel wrote:
> Well FWIW The above text was taken from a Automailing program from Rob
> Kolstad's Site. I suppose Rob Kolstadt needs no introduction to most of
> you, and for people who don't know Rob, suffice it to say that he is one
> of the few *real* UNIX gurus out there.
> His mesasge is sent from a "System Daemon <daemon@???>", and
> are you telling me that *he* has unjustified faith in people's
> comprehension skills.

Yes. A lot of people will get it, but a few people will get it wrong...

I personally have a belief that most people are fairly intelligent, they
just, for reasons I have not yet been able to understand, do not usually
bring that intelligence to bear when using a computer.

> Besides talking about friendly messages, just see how many
>
> POP3-servers have friendly messages (Cuci-pop fr ex has this "+OK Was it
> as good for you, as it was for me? (clean as a baby)" ,
> and how many
> FTP servers, SMTP servers (Helo xxx pleased to meet you) have friendly
> messages....hmm...

Yes, but the difference with those is that you don't interact with them
via the same interface as you normally interact with humans. People receiving
email expect it to be from a person.