Re: [Exim] Exim setup done and it works ok, but...

Top Pagina
Auteur: John Horne
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Exim setup done and it works ok, but...
On 15-Jul-00 at 14:58:17 michael@??? wrote:
> I see quite a few responses to mailer-daemon as it is. Usually people
> just reply to mailer-daemon, quoting the entire bounce. Sometimes they
> write "stop writing those things to me", they ask "who are you" and
> lately someone asked if mailer-daemon was male or female. A couple
> mails further, said user got unpolite to mailer-daemon, because there
> was no response. Quite funny.

Likewise. It is not unusual to get messages sent to mailer-daemon, and
occasionally the user gets a bit abusive. We have had abusive mail sent to
the mailer-daemon *because* the user thinks they are talking to a machine.

We used to get asked a fair bit if the postmasters are real - some people
get a bit of a shock when the get a reply and suddenly realise that we are
humans :-) In our own FAQ we added:
http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/csweb/email/em-general.html#gen.1

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK             Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne@???