Re: [Exim] Exim setup done and it works ok, but...

Author: Paul Robinson
To: Philip Hazel, Phil Pennock
CC: Kalum Somaratna aka Grendel, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim setup done and it works ok, but...
On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Philip Hazel wrote:

> NOTE: It was not written by a human. The Mailer Daemon is a program.
>
> but I don't suspect it would make much difference.

I think this one is quite simple - I would love to be able to specify my own
bounce messages (custom ones for RBL, no such user, etc.) but I think if that
isn't possible, there is another solution. Why don't you add:

'Do not reply to this e-mail address, as mail sent here will not be read. If you
have any further queries about this e-mail, please contact your local
administrator.'

I was thinking of putting 'please contact the postmaster at this domain' but
then realised people would start phoning up their local post offices to
complain, and that would be IMHO a very Bad Thing. :-)

Going back to where I started though, I'd love to be able to have custom error
messages - think webservers, think 404.html etc... it adds corporate sheen,
which is valuable when trying to justify to the MD that you want another
20,000 quid to upgrade your RAID and mail servers. :-)

--
Paul Robinson - Internet Services @ Akita - http://www.akita.co.uk
Sales:- T: 01869 337088 F: 01869 337488 E: sales@???