Re: [Exim] Exim setup done and it works ok, but...

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Phil Pennock
CC: Kalum Somaratna aka Grendel, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim setup done and it works ok, but...
On Sun, 16 Jul 2000, Phil Pennock wrote:

> > This would not happen if it is made clear that the sender is *not* a
> > human, Ie: a line like "as sincerely as software could be" will make
> > things very clear to the recepient that this is *not* a human..
>
> Muahahahaaaaaa ..... *rotfl*

Me too. The message Exim sends by default starts with the sentence:

When I wrote it, in my naivety, I thought that would be enough to stop
users thinking it came from a human (we had seen people thinking this on
the previous mailer). However, we get plenty of replies, some even
beginning "Dear Mailer-Daemon" or asking "Who are you really?". I have
thought of adding

NOTE: It was not written by a human. The Mailer Daemon is a program.

but I don't suspect it would make much difference.