Re: [Exim] Exim setup done and it works ok, but...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Michael Stevens
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim setup done and it works ok, but...
On Sat, Jul 15, 2000 at 02:24:13AM +0300, Vadim Vygonets wrote:
> Hi, I'm Eddie the computer. We'll soon have bounce messages with
> an application/paperclip MIME type attachment.
> ISTR someone saying that when they installed qmail (which has the
> chatty message), there was suddenly a major increase in the
> number of replies to MAILER-DAEMON.

I can see one advantage to chatty error messages - most people switch
off and stop reading as soon as they realise a message was generated
by a computer. Chatty error messages might help your chances of actually
getting people to read them.

Personally, I'm more in favour of the "evolution in action" approach which
says pandering to people will only encourage them to act stupider, and
prefer the computer-style error messages.